Finance Uncovered is expanding. We are looking to hire a full-time reporter on a 12-month contract although this position could be split into two part-time roles depending on applications.
The successful applicant(s) will focus on international tax avoidance and/or money laundering and corruption by working with journalists from developing and emerging countries, particularly kleptocracies.
The position(s) is not suitable for beginners.
Finance Uncovered is a London-based journalist training and reporting organisation currently based in Bethnal Green. Our mission is to increase the quantity and quality of illicit finance media items, particularly in the developing and emerging world. We do this by delivering intensive training courses for journalists and researchers and then by helping our participants get stories into the public domain.
- Produce stories on major tax abuse, corruption and money laundering;
- Working in a small team to deliver standalone stories and big projects;
- Managing investigative projects;
- Liaising with journalists and sources in one or more countries;
- Occasionally delivering financial analysis training; and
- Some foreign travel required.
- Track record of delivering readable tax avoidance and/or corruption and money laundering stories;
- Skilled at reading company accounts and sourcing documents;
- Proficiency with data and open source investigative techniques;
- Organised, methodical, communicative and diplomatic;
- Capable of project managing; and
- Foreign language skills an advantage.
Finance Uncovered launched in 2013 but 2017 was our first year with three full-time journalists. We are a member of the Global Investigative Journalism Network. Since 2013, almost 250 people from 71 countries have attended our training courses, including journalists who have worked on ICIJ and/or OCCRP projects.
How to apply:
To apply please email Finance Uncovered co-director, Ted Jeory at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV. Please include links to some of your best work and up to 400 words maximum as a covering email.
- Please submit applications by 5pm, Friday February 9.
- Interviews to be held on February 15 and February 16.
- This post will be based in London.